Flash photography is quite the art and it is known that there are very many complications when it comes to the interaction between photography and light. These challenges are encountered by both newbies and professionals in the photography field. Flashes play a very important role in photography and in this article; the best flashes for various purposes are covered to help guide you in the right direction.
[amazon box=”B01ETNZVES,B0042X9L6A,B01ETNZVES,B00E3K94T6,B00PGTOX26″ template=”table”]
The Absolute best flash for canon cameras – Canon Speedlite 430EX III-RT Flash
This flash has very high capabilities and professionals use it for various purposes such as taking photos during events or in dark lit environments. If you are looking for a flash that can work really well in various environments, this is the flash for you.
There are many features that make the Canon Speedlite 430EX III-RT Flash the best flash for canon. These features include but are not limited to the following:
- • It has a compact zoom flash
- • It has the ability to cover a range of between twenty four and one hundred and five millimeters
- • It has a maximum guide number of 141ft./43m at ISO 100
- • The flash is compact
- • It is light in weight
- • It has an ease of use which enables beginners to easily understand how to operate it
- • It has wireless capability
- • Its memory card is up to ninety five megabytes per second
- • It has the ability to enhance contrast, brightness, focus of the light as well as colors in order to create natural looking photographs
- • It has an integrated catch light panel which works by brightening the subject as well as a bounce adapter which softens the light beam.
- • Due to its light weight, the flash is portable
- • It can be used in various environments such as dark places due to its high strength
- • It deflects light away from one’s eyes
- • It has a 64G card which means that it has a very high storage capability
Flaws but Not Deal Breakers
This flash is a little pricey as compared to other flashes in the market but you can be assured that you will get your money’s worth.
The best canon dslr flash – Nikon SB-700 AF Speedlight Flash
This flash is packed with an array of features that will go a long way in helping you take high quality pictures for a very long time. Many professional photographers use this flash as they can adjust a wide variety of things using it such as contrast and lighting to produce very clear pictures.
This flash is definitely the best canon dslr flash there is in the market and once you have gone through these features, you will understand why. This flash comes with the following special features:
- • It is compatible with a large range of Nikon dslrs
- • It is a portable flash with a speedlight which has been optimized such that it can work with Nikon’s creative lighting system
- • The flash head can be positioned in various angles
- • It has a very precise flash exposure that can be controlled through the use of a wireless system
- • It can cover lenses from the range of twenty four up to one hundred and twenty millimeters in an FX format
- • It has three light distribution patterns
- • It has a water guard for protection against moisture and it can identify color filters
- • It has the ability to automatically detect formats
- • It can detect when there is too much heat which prevents it from overheating
- • The speedlight is very reliable
- • This flash has more features as compared to other kinds of flashes and it works well with both beginners and professionals
- • One can take photos even in poorly lit environments
- • The flash works great on both modes; manual and Ittl
- • It is very powerful
Flaws but Not Deal Breakers
Due to its great power, this flash requires one to change out the batteries often. It is also quite pricey as compared to other flashes. However, the benefits one gets from this flash greatly outweigh these two issues.
The best canon external flash – Canon 600EX-RT Speedlite Flash
This is the new canon flash in the market and it is equipped with radio transmitters. This radio triggering technology is the best option to replace the old triggering system which was light based. Light based triggering systems tend to be unreliable as they have limitations in terms of distance. They also require a line of sight between the photographer and the lens. For a while, people used third party radio triggering systems but with this new innovation that comes with an inbuilt system, the need for that will be gone. This canon is loved by photographers.
Given all the canon flashes, one may wonder what makes this the best canon external flash. The Canon 600EX-RT Speedlite Flash possesses the following qualities:
- • This flash can work on a wireless system and the user can take group flashes using radio communication
- • One can additional insert color filters into the flash as it has a color filter holder
- • To enhance visibility, this flash uses a dot matrix LCD panel as well as a backlit button. This makes it easy to use in both dark and lighted environments
- • It enables the user to be flexible by provision of at least eighteen custom functions. In addition to these, one has the option to use seven personalized functions
- • The flash can rotate a hundred and eighty degrees in any direction
- • It covers a range of up to two hundred millimeters
- • Its high power enables photographers to take very clear photos from distances
- • One does not need to get a third party radio trigger since it has an inbuilt system
- • Its system works very efficiently in the protection against overheating of the device
- • One uses less batteries and the whole setup will require less space in the bag
Flaws but Not Deal Breakers
It is quite expensive as compared to other flashes because of its inbuilt radio triggering system, but nothing great comes easy, right? With this flash, the need for third party radio triggers will be done away with and one can take great photos in various environments from varying distances.
The best speed flash for canon cameras – Neewer® NW680/TT680 HSS Speedlite Flash E-TTL Camera Flash for Canon
Not only is this flash very pocket friendly but it also comes with amazing features such as backlight capabilities and multi flash options. It is an upgrade when compared to the TT-560.
- • It has a multi flash mode. Using this mode, the user is in a position to take a string of photos in a very short time
- • It has a fast recycling period that takes about half a second to a second. This is also compatible with an external power pack
- • The synchronization takes place very fast
- • It has a wide apcel which extends the flash coverage by fourteen millimeters. This helps one to take pictures that have a natural lighting
These features are solid proof that the TT680 is the best speed flash for canon.
- • Its price is very reasonable
- • One can take multiple pictures at a time
- • One can take great photos in various environments
Flaws but Not Deal Breakers
The batteries need to be replaced often as the flash depletes them at a fast rate
Best Cheap Flash For Canon Cameras – YONGNUO YN560 IV Wireless Flash Speedlite
If you are looking for a great flash while working with a budget, this flash will do it for you. Its reasonable price enables you to get the full advantages of having a great flash without creating a huge dent in your pockets. This flash gives you access to basic functions and is compatible with a wide array of cameras.
- • It has a very fast recycling time which allows the user to take very many photos
- • It has an external power supply which ensures that it can last for a very long period
- • It has very useful custom settings e.g. it supports saving automatically
- • It supports a wireless master function
- • It is very compact and light in weight as it weighs only about a pound
- • It supports a wireless slave function
- • It has a multi trigger synchronous mode
Given its affordable price and its really fast speed, this flash is definitely the best cheap flash for canon cameras.
- • It is easy to carry around as it is very light in weight and takes up very little space in the bag
- • It is very fast in taking photos and is also quite versatile
- • It is very reliable in terms of durability
- • It acts as both a transmitter and a receiver all at once
Flaws but Not Deal Breakers
It has less functions as compared to other flashes.
When looking for a flash for your camera, you should consider the following things:
- • Compatibility. Choosing a flash that is compatible with a variety of cameras is the way to go as you can change from using one camera to another. The more cameras it is compatible with, the better.
- • Range. Some flashes can cover up to two hundred millimeters in range. A flash that can cover a long range is the best to buy. It is also important to get a flash that can take very clear pictures of items that are close by.
- • Entire setup. Some flashes come with inbuilt systems such as built in radio triggering technology as well as color filters. In such a flash, the setup takes up very little space and the set up takes very little time. Some people prefer to buy the flash on its own and they later add accessories to their kit such as third part radio triggers. This may work well for a person who lacks the required initial capital outlay to get a flash with in-built systems. However, this type of set up takes up a lot of space and is time consuming when it comes to preparation. In the long run, it also ends up costing much more than a flash with in-built systems.
- • Durability. Getting a flash that can only serve your needs for a short period of time will create a dent in your pocket as you will always be buying replacements for worn out parts. In the end, you will probably end up buying another flash. It is better to avoid this by investing in a durable flash that can serve your needs for a very long time to come.
- • Functions. Some flashes enable people to personalize their functions. Most flashes come with a variety of functions that the user can use. The more functions that a flash has, the easier it is for you to adjust the settings so that you can take a very clear picture.
Flashes are very important to people, whether they are professionals or beginners. At the end of the day, people want to take great pictures of their special moments, pictures that will last a lifetime. Great flashes enable people to take photos that have natural lighting. The flashes reviewed above have received numerous great reviews by their users due to their high quality features which enable their users to capture moments as they would like. Investing in a great flash is a smart move as it will give you service for a very long time and you can do away with the need to buy tons of accessories for your camera as the flash will serve your needs completely.