In our modern day and age, everything is connected. Our mobile phones, personal computers, and even wearable tech all come together to make life easy, convenient, and problem-free. These days, with the advent of social media, cameras are also being fitted with the latest connectivity features for seamless photo sharing anytime, anywhere.
Most of the recent camera releases you’ll find are equipped with their own WiFi connection capability to eliminate the need for tedious cabled file transfers. But before you snag the first Wifi camera you see, bear in mind that just because it can connect to a network, doesn’t make it the best WiFi-ready camera.
Take a closer look at the five best cameras with WiFi and seal a solid deal by purchasing one of these hot picks.
The Absolute Best Camera with Wifi
- Built-in Wi-Fi connectivity with NFC, plus one-touch Mobile Device Connect button
- 16 megapixel 1/2.3-inch high-sensitivity CMOS sensor combined with DIGIC 4+ image processor (Canon HS SYSTEM)
- 18x optical zoom, 4x digital zoom and 72x combined zoom with Optical Image Stabilizer
- 3-inch TFT color LCD with wide viewing angle
- Capture stunning 1080p HD video with a dedicated movie button
Canon has always been a front-runner when it comes to cameras. So when the Wifi-equipped camera trend took off, they were one of the first to release top-notch options. It wasn’t long before their PowerShot SX600 HS earned its place as the best camera with WiFi based on consumer reviews and feedback. Featuring a relatively sleek body, easy controls, and crisp image capture abilities, this camera is definitely an option to consider.
The Canon Powershot SX600 HS has a powerful 16 megapixel CMOS sensor, 18x optical zoom capacity, and a 3-inch TFT color LCD screen that vividly displays images for an easy point-and-shoot experience.
What’s Hot About the Canon SX600 HS
- 16 megapixel high-sensitivity CMOS sensor captures clear, crisp, and rich colors for high-quality images.
- 18x optical zoom allows users to zero in on distant objects without sacrificing clarity or quality.
- 1080p HD continuous capture makes it a relatively decent video capture device compared to other options in its segment.
- Wide screen makes it convenient to scan, manage, and assess photos with ease.
- One-touch mobile device connection feature further improves the connectivity of the camera for added file transfer options.
- Relatively more affordable than other cameras in the same spec range.
What’s Not So Hot
- Lack of a viewfinder makes it more suitable for casual point-and-shoot rather than amateur photography.
- 16 megapixel sensor is a tad less powerful than others in its segment.
- Battery life is so-so, not intended for heavy camera users.
The Second Best Wifi Camera
- Clear Image Zoom ZEISS Lens
- 20.4MP Exmor R CMOS Sensor for superb low light images
- Keep your subject in focus with Lock-On AF
- Simple connectivity to smartphones via Wi-Fi w/NFC3
- Map your images with GPS tagged photos
Not quite convinced with the previous option? While the Sony Cyber-Shot DSC HX400V WiFi Digital Camera is often considered the second best camera with WiFi, it still has some pretty impressive specs which can be perfect for the right person. The camera comes with a highly-sensitive 20.4 megapixel CMOS sensor that captures images perfectly in low light. It’s Lock-On AF feature keeps subjects stable for easy, speedy image capturing perfect for action shots and sports photography.
To further enhance the WiFi capabilities of this premium camera, the DSC-HX400V allows users to geotag photos to create a map of images, perfect for travellers and tourists.
What’s Hot About the Cyber-Shot DSC-HX400V WiFi Digital Camera
- 20.4 megapixel sensor is among the best in the market, easily capturing clear images in even the lowest light settings.
- Highly accurate AF system makes it easy to capture subjects with superior clarity.
- Downloadable camera apps further improve the user experience with added features and settings.
- Motion Shot Video feature simplifies the process of tracking a subject in motion.
- High caliber features and functionality passes it off as a reasonable amateur photography camera.
What’s Not So Hot
- Complicated user controls can make it confusing to use for first timers.
- Expensive, easily costing up to double the price of other units.
The Third Best Camera with Built In WiFi
- Share your best photos instantly with Family and Friends with Built-in Wi-Fi with NFC
- SMART features - Social Media Upload, E-mail, Photo beam, Direct Link, Mobile Link, PC Auto-backup, Remote Viewfinder, All Share
- 35x Optical Zoom for stunning long distance shots with ease
- 720p HD Video
Samsung is a leading brand in consumer electronics, mostly specializing in Android phones and home appliances. However, they have stepped up their camera-game in the past few years, aiming to run alongside other premium photo capture device manufacturers in the market.
Well, their attempts have paid off, with the Samsung WB1100F making it on the list as the third best camera with built in WiFi. This premium product leverages smart features, allowing users to seamlessly transfer images to a long list of different platforms for simple and hassle-free sharing and storing.
What’s Hot About the Samsung WB1100F
- Rich with smart features, allowing instant access to social media, email, photo beam, direct link, mobile link, and auto-backup sharing options for hassle-free connectivity.
- Powerful 35x optical zoom promises clear, crisp images even from a distance.
- 30 FPS continuous capture creates beautifully vibrant videos suitable for amateur videographers.
- Built-in Smart Filters feature easily alters images for an artistic-look without much effort from the user.
- Remote viewfinder allows users to connect their phone to the camera for handless operation.
What’s Not So Hot
- 16 megapixel sensor is less powerful compared to other options in its segment.
- No viewfinder makes it more suitable for causal photo capturing rather than amateur photography.
- Not the most expensive, but not the cheapest either. Accessories can also be on the pricier side of the spectrum.
The Best DSLR Camera with Wifi
- 24.2 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor, ISO 100-12800 (expandable to H: 25600)
- EOS Full HD Movie mode helps capture brilliant results in MP4 format
- High-speed continuous shooting up to 5.0 fps allows you to capture fast action.
- 19-point all cross-type AF system allows superb autofocus performance
- Built-in Wi-Fi and NFC
Not in the market for a point-and-shoot? Looking for something that will help you bump up your photography skills? The Canon EOS Rebel T6i Digital SLR is a powerful DSLR camera with built-in WiFi for easier photo sharing and management. Considered the best DSLR camera with WiFi by most consumers, this premium image capturing device boasts a feature-rich design perfect for the learning photographer.
A powerful 24.2 megapixel sensor corrects lighting and focuses in on subjects perfectly even in low-light settings. EOS Full HD Movie mode captures rich, vivid, and crisp videos which are saved to the device in MP4 format, ideal for sharing to any platform and device. With its 19 point AF system, the camera allows users to capture targets in motion with ease and suberp clarity.
What’s Hot About the Canon EOS Rebel T6i
- 24.2 megapixel sensor is the most powerful on this list, easily making the EOS Rebel T6i a top pick for photographers.
- Full HD Movie Mode generates high-quality video output ideal for amateur videographers, and some professionals.
- Highly sensitive autofocus function locks on subjects and guarantees stable imaging.
- Compatible with Canon brand accessories for greater functionality, options, and settings.
What’s Not So Hot
- WiFi connectivity feature is limited compared to other options, simply serving the function of wireless file transfer. Direct sharing to social media and other platforms is lacking.
- Expensive! The most costly product on the list, you should be ready to spend a pretty penny on the unit itself and accessories.
The Best Cheap WiFi Camera
- 10x Optical Zoom with Optical Image Stabilizer helps you capture images with flexibility and ease
- Built-in Wi-Fi and NFC allows for easy sharing and transferring of images and videos
- 20.0 Megapixel CCD sensor combines with the DIGIC 4+ Image Processor to help deliver stunning image quality
- 720p HD video capabilities; Compatible with iOS versions 7.1/8.4/9.0, Android smartphone and tablet versions 4.0/4.1/4.2/4.3/4.4/5.0/5.1
- Smart AUTO intelligently selects the proper settings based on predefined shooting situations
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly alternative, the Canon PowerShot ELPH 190 IS could be your best bet. This compact, straightforward, and easy to use camera features countless effects and settings guaranteed to make the image capture experience fun and easy.
This camera was built and designed with casual users in mind. A dedicated help button allows users to access short control explanations that help make the user experience just that more convenient. Plus, the built-in filter options can allow users to immediately edit photos so they can directly upload images to social media and other platforms online.
What’s Hot About the PowerShot ELPH 190 IS
- Super easy controls and settings, ideal for casual users and everyday use.
- Crisp image quality despite sleek and simple design and features.
- Sleek, small, and compact, making it the perfect camera for daily users.
- Cheap! Compared to most other options that offer the same specs, this one’s a steal.
What’s Not So Hot
- Flash function can be subpar, so low light captures might become very amateurish.
- Filters and editing options may not suit some users’ taste.
- Short battery life requires frequent charging.
Tips On Buying the Best WiFi Camera
Not quite sure what kind of camera you should be looking for? The endless combination of different camera features can make it confusing to choose the right one for your needs. Don’t worry, though – you can make the right decision by keeping these tips in mind when you finally decide to look for the perfect camera for you.
- Sharing Options – It’s possible that you’re looking for a WiFi ready camera because you appreciate the convenience of sharing and transferring files without the hassle. Now, depending on the level of connectivity you prefer, a simple WiFi capable device may or may not suit your needs.
For instance, there are lots of cameras that can connect to WiFi networks but only allow users to transfer files to other devices. This can be particularly ideal if you want something that will allow you to share photos to your computer or phone for further processing.
But if you want something that can cut out the middle device all together, a camera that allows users to directly upload images to social media websites, email, or other online platforms should be your best bet. With this type of devices, you can easily send pictures immediately from your camera to your online profiles and platforms without the need for an initial transfer.
- Built-In Filters and Editing Options – With WiFi capable cameras that can transfer files directly to online platforms, the feature of built-in editing options and filters can be a major plus point. This is because you can alter, adjust, and edit certain aspects of captured images to suit your preferences, especially when it comes to sharing pictures on social media.
Keep in mind however that these filters and effects are just starting to be introduced to the WiFi camera market. Don’t expect anything that’s too detailed – most of the options are basic and straightforward with little room for advanced editing options.
- Battery Life – You’d be surprised just how much battery can be eaten up when you connect your device to a WiFi network. Because the process of taking pictures itself can be pretty taxing on your device’s battery life, making sure that the battery can accommodate WiFi and other wireless connections as well will guarantee a problem-free usage experience.
To prolong the life of your camera, you can simply turn off the connections during image capturing. Simply collect all the images you need and transfer them once you’re done. You can also make use of the wireless transfer while your unit is charging to reduce the demand on the battery.
- Smartphone Connectivity – Because smartphones are now considered a tech essential, a camera that can connect to your smartphone can make your user experience just that much more convenient. Smartphone connections can ease the process of transferring files as well as the use of the camera itself. Downloadable apps have enriched the relationship between these two high tech devices, and so having a camera that you can connect to your phone might unlock more options for you – especially if you want more functionality out of your purchase.
Choosing the best camera with WiFi connectivity can be a bit of a challenge, especially when you consider how many great options are available to you. To ease the process, keep your preferences, your needs, and your budget in mind to help you land the best one for your purposes.
If you’re still stuck in a rut and you need an expert opinion, consider the options offered here. These 5 premium camera options have been tried, tested, and trusted not only by our editors, but by the consumers themselves!
So, make sure you land nothing but the best and buy a camera that will really capture your fancy – give these top notch options a try.
Last update on 2017-10-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API