Once you’ve started using a camera, you’ll start to realize that having just a camera isn’t enough. There’s a whole world of functionality that’s just waiting to be discovered if you’re able to get your hands on the right camera accessories.
Yes, these extra add-ons might not seem like a lot on the surface, but they can make your entire camera usage experience much more convenient and enjoyable. Now, you might be itching to find the best accessories for your digital camera as soon as possible. However the immense number of different options can make the process of choosing something of a struggle.
Avoid an expensive episode of trial and error and make sure to land the best accessories for your needs by checking out these tried and true products.
Best Tripod for Digital Cameras
- 26mm 3 section aluminum alloy legs adjust to 25, 50, and 80-degree angles to enable extreme low angle photography
- Hexagon-shaped central column moves from 0 to 180 degrees
- The Instant Swivel Stop-n-Lock (ISSL) System securely repositions the central column in one simple movement
- Premium magnesium die-cast canopy with bubble level and anti-shock ring
- Quick flip leg locks and rubber feet with retractable spikes
You would think that there shouldn’t be too many options when it comes to tripods. However, there are a lot of different possible features and functions for this simple camera accessory. That’s why manufacturers have come up with an endless list of different tripods for you to choose from.
If you’re in search for the best tripod for digital cameras though, the Vanguard Alta Pro 263AT Aluminum Tripod is definitely worth your consideration. This premium camera accessory has all the right features to help you capture steady images without costing you too much.
The 263AT swivels up to 180 degrees to make it easier for you to capture moving images without losing stability. It features a reliable Swivel Stop-n-Lock system guarantees a seamless swivel for clean camera movements. The quick and straightforward set-up process means you can get started in a snap. Plus, the all-weather build and the durable material will ensure that you can enjoy your tripod anytime, anywhere, for many years to come.
What’s Hot About the Vanguard Pro 263AT Aluminum Tripod
- Easy set-up eliminates the need for clumsy attachments and preparations before use.
- Lightweight body makes the entire thing easy to bring around without feeling overburdened.
- Bubble-level indicator allows simple alignment to ensure your camera is levelled properly.
- All-weather grips stand the test of time, promising to give you a stable grasp on your tripod no matter the conditions.
- Smooth movements prevent jittery, shaky camera movements during video capture.
What’s Not So Hot
- While shorter than other models when folded, it’s also shorter when extended. The few lacking inches could be make or break for some professional photographers.
- Superlight weight body makes some users feel worried that the structure might topple over during use, especially during outdoor use.
The Best Strap for Digital Cameras
- LIGHT AND COMFORTABLE: Neoprene pad distributes weight perfectly, with comfortable design shaped to fit perfectly around shoulder for constant use and travel. Even includes a zipper pocket for storing extra batteries, memory cards, etc.
- REINFORCED MATERIALS: Durable reinforced solid metal plate (not plastic!) securely fastens your camera onto the strap. The plate also features a protective rubber bottom layer to prevent slippage or scratches.
- FULLY ADAPTABLE: Plate and camera can be attached to a tripod without needing to remove the plate from the camera! Features quick-release design for easy attachment and removal while using your camera. Easy to take photos while on the go!
- UNIVERSAL COMPATIBILITY: Compatible with any DSLR Camera with a standard ¼" tripod stud screw. (Includes: CANON EOS Rebel T6i T6s T5i T4i T3i T3 T2i T1i XT XTi XSi SL1 and NIKON D7100 D7000 D5200 D5100 D5000 D3300 D3200 D3100 D3000 D90 D80)
- COMPLETE SASTISFACTION: Backed with Digital Goja 90- Day 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.
A good camera strap should keep your device secure to your body without getting in the way during use. For that reason, the Altura Photo Rapid Fire Camera Neck Strap with Quick Release and Safety Tether has been dubbed the best strap for digital cameras.
You might be wondering – what sets a camera strap apart from the rest? Well, this Altura Strap is designed for comfort. Unlike other straps that can cause painful friction against your neck or shoulder, this premium strap is made from high-quality neoprene and rubber that ensure comfortable use. The reinforced material is heavily durable so you can be sure to use your strap for many years to come.
Wondering if it will be a fit for your gear? No worries. The Altura Photo Rapid Fire Camera Neck Strap features a universal design, optimized to fit any and all cameras and accessories seamlessly.
What’s Hot About the Altura Photo Rapid Fire Camera Neck Strap
- Safety tether ensures that your camera will stay secure on the strap in case of accidental removal.
- Quick release clip eliminates the need for tedious strap removal process, ideal for action shooters and sports photographers.
- Anti-slip design prevents the strap from repeatedly falling off your shoulder.
- Durable material guarantees long-lasting use without wear and tear.
- Fixed heavy duty pouch adds storage to your strap, allowing you to keep memory cards, batteries, and other small essentials easily within reach.
What’s Not So Hot
- Some users might feel that the strap is too bulky, causing some clumsiness during use.
The Best Bags for Digital Cameras
- MULTI-USE: This lightweight, sturdy backpack offers versatile storage compartments that allows you to fit your camera, accessories, and other personal belongings in one safe and convenient place!
- FEATURES: Holds a DSLR camera with a standard zoom lens and allows you to fit extra lenses or accessories.
- HIGH QUALITY INTERIOR: Padded customizable dividers, and mesh compartments fits all your photography gear and includes space for smaller accessories.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: Backed with Digital Goja 90-Day 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.
The best bags for digital cameras are the ones that will provide you sufficient storage space for your camera and accessories, but won’t make you feel like you’ve brought too much to your shoot. That considered, the Vivitar Camera Backpack Bag for DSLR Camera, Lens, and Accessories easily takes the cake as the most popular bag for digital cameras.
This sleek, small, and compact design is fitted with a customizable padded interior so you can adjust the compartments to suit your needs. It features a built in tripod holder, a mesh pocket for smaller parts and accessories, and a reinforced nylon exterior to guarantee the security and safety of your camera and other devices.
What’s Hot About the Vivitar Camera Backpack Bag
- Versatile design lets you create as many or as few compartments as you prefer so you can fit virtually any device or accessory into your bag.
- Dedicated tripod holder eliminates the need to make room in your bag or to hand carry a tripod wherever you go.
- Nylon body is tough and durable, able to take on trauma and falls without damaging your valuables inside.
- Ergonomic design makes it comfortable to use for extended periods of time.
- Affordable! Much cheaper than other digital camera bags on the market.
What’s Not So Hot
- Poor insulation can make the interior rather hot, especially if the outside environment is warmer.
The Best Stabilizers for Digital Cameras
- LIMITED EDITON "Midnight Black" EDITION - Don't be fooled by imitations. Roxant is the only authorized seller of our brand. If it's not in our box, it's not a ROXANT.
- Our superior design and construction provide "pro style" stabilization with less motion and shake compared to other handheld stabilizers. - The lower arm comes with NO SLIP GRIP which eliminates lower arm swing.
- For use with Point and Shoot, DSLRs, Video Cameras, GoPros, Smartphone and any other camera up to 2.1 lbs Elite Low Profile Comfort Handle Edition - with a lower center of balance making stabilization even easier.
- Great for indie film makers looking to move their films to the next level! Shoot smooth motion shots in tight spaces, on stairs, through crowds, in cars, walking/running/skating etc.
- LIFETIME Email Support + Free Video Tutorials
If you’re more inclined towards taking continuous image captures or videos, the need for a camera stabilizer becomes inevitable. These devices make it possible for you to sweep an entire scene without worrying about a shaky hand or uneven movements.
Among the best stabilizers for digital cameras, the Roxant Pro Video Camera Stabilizer is easily a crowd favorite. This heavy duty stabilizer can easily and effortlessly keep your action camera, DSLR, or smartphone in place no matter what you might be trying to capture. This makes it a versatile tool that you can use with virtually any camera you might have on your hands.
The product features three different counterweights that help guarantee your camera is kept in proper place all throughout use. With this stabilizer, you can enjoy shots on stairs, in moving vehicles, or while running without the slightest disturbance to the video you’re capturing. For indie film makers or amateur videographers, this one is really something that should be in your arsenal.
What’s Hot About the Roxant Pro Video Camera Stabilizer
- Reliable design optimizes camera positioning to guarantee proper alignment anytime, anywhere.
- Precise counterbalance system ensures a level camera without effort or trouble.
- Small, compact design, making it easy to shoot in small alleyways, cramped spaces, and limited areas.
- Comfortable grip handle makes the product easy to use for extended periods of time.
- Secure camera connection eliminates the dangers of your camera detaching and falling off of the stabilizer during use.
What’s Not So Hot
- Limited weight capacity at only 2.1 pounds could mean that heavier DSLRs with robust lenses might not be suited for this stabilizer.
The Best Flash for Digital Cameras
- Altura Photo® Professional Speedlite Flash (AP-UNV1) is a powerful manual flash with a High Guide No. 38(m) / 125(ft). Use in manual, S1 or S2 mode. Flash does not work on TTL mode.
- 7 item Kit includes Altura Photo Flash (AP-UNV1) + Flash Stand, Softbox Flash Diffuser + Protective Drawstring Pouch + Universal Wireless Remote Control + 4x Polariod Alkaline AA Battery + MagicFiber Microfiber Cleaning Cloth. Features a built-in flip down wide angle flash diffuser and reflection panel.
- Compatible with NIKON FM FE FA EM FG F4 F5 F6 N8008 N4004 N50 N70 P6000 P7000 P7100 P7700 P7800 COOLPIX A D90 D3000 D3100 D3200 D3300 D5000 D5100 D5200 D5300 D7000 D7100 D200 D300 D600 D610 D700 D750 D800 CANON AE-1 A-1 F-1 T50 T60 T70 T80 T90 EOS Rebel T2i T3 T3i T4i T5 T5i SL1 20D 30D 40D 50D 60D 70D 7D 5D 5D mark II & III 6D 7D mark II 1D POWERSHOT G SERIES PENTAX K1000 K KX K50 ME MG LX P30 P50 Panasonic LX7 GF1 and all cameras with a standard hot shoe mount.
- 1-Year Limited Warranty. Altura Photo Authorized Dealer.
- Backed with DigitalGoja 90-Day 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. If you're not happy with your flash for any reason, please contact us and we will take the product back for a full refund.
Another premium accessory from Altura Photo is the AP-UNV1 DSLR camera flash and speedlight. Considered by many as the best flash for digital cameras, this affordable accessory includes numerous extras and parts that will guarantee premium lighting conditions perfect for your shoot.
The seven item kit comes with a flash, a flash stand, a softbox diffuser, a protective pouch, a wireless remote control, batteries, and a microfiber cleaning cloth specifically designed to remove small particles from your accessories for clear images and optimal use.
Coming at a very affordable price, the AP-UNV1 is compatible with numerous different brands and devices so you can be sure to have a trusty camera flash accessory you can use conveniently no matter how many digital cameras you might have.
What’s Hot About the Altura Photo AP-UNV1 DSLR Camera Flash and Speedlight
- Lots of item inclusions for a relatively small price.
- Adaptable to different camera units ideal for photographers with different camera models from different brands.
- Adjustable light settings allow users to capture different styles depending on their preference and needs.
- Soft, natural light appearance prevents burnt images or pictures with insufficient light.
- Easy to set-up, perfect for beginners or amateurs who want something that’s simple and straightforward.
What’s Not So Hot
- Power hungry. Users might need to have multiple batteries on hand during every use to guarantee longer life and functionality.
A Buyer’s Guide to Purchasing Camera Accessories
The last thing anyone wants is to spend unnecessarily for camera parts and accessories they won’t be satisfied with, or that they won’t need all together. The difficult part of choosing camera accessories is determining which ones will really improve your camera usage experience.
So when you’re on the market to find a bunch of new additions for your image capturing arsenal, make sure to consider these tips to help you buy items that are really worth your while.
- Consider Your Photography Style – Do you like taking pictures on the move? Or are you more of a scenic, stable-subject kind of photographer? If you’re the former, you might be more satisfied with a stabilizer instead of a tripod. That’s because holding a tripod might make you feel clumsy, and won’t give you the stability you want. If you’re the latter, a reliable tripod that will allow you to capture images in perfect stability will be a much better suited choice.
If you’re both, you can opt to have one of each or a hybrid fusion of both a tripod and a stabilizer.
- Think Of Your Skill Exploration – Do you plan to explore new photography horizons? Sometimes, something like a brand new accessory might help you become a better photographer all together. It all depends on how you want to explore your abilities in the realm of photography.
For instance, if you want to try night time photography, availing of a brand new flash accessory will help you explore the different lighting techniques you can use in low light settings to breathe brand new life into otherwise unnoticeable subjects.
- Fit Your Budget – The accessories on this list are among the most affordable options available. But there are some accessories that come at a much steeper price. In fact, some camera accessories can cost as much as a brand new camera all together. In that case, you might want to perform in-depth research to determine if you should shell out for an extra part or if you should just buy a brand new camera all together.
What’s more, you should remember that camera accessories need maintenance as well. If you’re spending big on accessories, you should read up on how to maintain them so you can get the longest life and functionality out of each part. Make sure to factor in not just the cost of the new accessory but the price you’ll pay to have in maintained every once in a while.
A Final Word
The best accessories for digital cameras aren’t decided by price, functionality, or features but by your own personal needs and preferences. By discovering what more you want out of your camera, you can discover what accessories will be best for your arsenal.
Make sure to check out these 5 premium camera accessories if you want real value for your money, and usher in a whole new experience for your stint as a photographer.
Last update on 2017-10-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API